Banana bread… One of about 10 recipes my dad would make for my sisters and I growing up… and I seriously loved it! It’s made a major comeback in the last few years, appearing in trendy cafes everywhere for not so cheap prices, I loved the idea of a simple 5 ingredient banana bread. Made in the slow cooker it really couldn’t be easier. 5 minutes of mashing, mixing and pouring and you’re done. 2.5 hours later you have fresh warm banana bread, ready to be smothered in butter. I was even more delighted when my healthier version using wholemeal self-raising flour came out just as delicious.
Banana bread, 5 ingredient and slow cooker easy!!
- 4/5 ripe medium bananas
- 1 tin (375ml) condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line slow cooker with baking paper to prevent any sticking.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth.
- Then add flour and condensed milk. You may choose to sift in the flour. I don’t bother though. Mix until nice and smooth
- Add walnuts and dark chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a preheated slow cooker on HIGH. Placing a clean cloth or tea towel underneath the lid. This helps prevent any excess moisture dripping onto your bread.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Best served warm… with lots of butter!